London Community Response - Privacy Notice
This privacy notice provides information about how your personal data is processed in connection with the grants available through the London Community Response website at www.londoncommunityresponsefund.org.uk (the Website).
If you have any questions please use the contact details in section 12.
- Who we are
- Applying for grants
- When do we collect personal data about you?
- What personal data do we use?
- What about personal data that is considered more sensitive?
- How we use your personal data
- Lawful grounds
- Do we share your personal data?
- International Data Transfers
- How long do we keep your personal data for?
- Your rights and preferences
- How to contact us
Who we are
The London Community Response is an initiative which is supported by an alliance of funders who have pledged support to charities and civil society organisations affected by COVID 19 (“the Funders”). The support pledged includes both financial support and in-kind support such as assistance with funding applications.
Further details about the Funders involved can be found here (https://londoncommunityresponsefund.org.uk/about-us/our-supporters) and in the London Community Response Application Form (“the Application Form”) (see the list of collaborating funders).
The initiative is coordinated by London Funders, a charitable company with registered charity number 1116201 and registered address at Toynbee Hall, 28 Commercial Street, London, E1 6LS.
Each of the Funders and London Funders is a controller under data protection law of the personal data provided via the Application Form and any further personal data collected on applicants and approved grantees (or their representatives).
Should you have any questions about how your personal data is processed in connection with the London Community Response, in the first instance, please contact London Funders (email@example.com).
You can visit the London Community Response website where you can find a list of Funders who may be relevant depending on the funding you receive (see: https://londoncommunityresponsefund.org.uk/about-us/our-supporters) and you can then click through to a link to each Funder’s website where their privacy notice will be found.
In this privacy notice the Funders and London Funders are collectively referred to as “we” and/or “us”.
Applying for grants
When you make an application for a grant through the Website, a number of grant manager volunteers from across the group of Funders may carry out an initial review to validate the eligibility of the application for a particular fund.
The funds currently accessible through the Website are:
- The London Community Response Fund (administered by City Bridge Trust for Bridge House Estates (1035628)); and
- Those provided by the other Funders listed on the London Community Response website – see: https://londoncommunityresponsefund.org.uk/about-us/our-supporters.
When do we collect personal data about you?
We obtain your personal data when you complete the London Community Response Application Form or otherwise provide us with your personal data in connection with:
- an application for funding; and/or
- our monitoring of how funding is being spent and/or compliance with grant conditions.
We may also obtain information about you indirectly from one of the funders where you have submitted a funding application to them in the past on behalf of your organisation and they have carried out due diligence on your organisation which contains personal data about you. We will use information from their earlier due diligence to help us make decisions about awarding funding under the London Community Response.
What personal data do we use?
We may collect, store and otherwise process the following kinds of personal data:
- Your full name and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- Information you provide in connection with your application for funding, which may include information about your involvement in your organisation about your professional status and role;
- Information that you have provided in connection with previous applications for funding that have been made in the past to one of the funders (see section 3 above).
- Information you provide to us in the event that your funding application is successful for the purposes of our evaluation and monitoring or the evaluation and monitoring activities of any Ultimate Funders.
What about personal data that is considered more sensitive?
We will only collect and use sensitive information (also known as special category data) if there is a valid reason for doing so and where the law allows us to. Sensitive information includes personal data about health, ethnicity, religion or sexuality. For instance, information about an individual’s diagnosis with COVID 19 is sensitive information.
When we collect sensitive information or criminal conviction data about you and we are required to tell you what our lawful basis is for doing so, we will set this out. Please avoid disclosing to us any sensitive information relating to you or anyone else on the Application Form.
How we use your personal data
Your personal data will be used by us for the following purposes:
Processing your application
- To allow you to submit an Application Form to us;
- To review your application and carry out any due diligence that Funders or Ultimate Funders consider necessary;
- To raise awareness about the London Community Response;
- For analysis and learning about grant-making to improve our understanding of fundraising (but on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis wherever possible);
- To satisfy legal obligations which are binding on us;
- To comply with anti-bribery, anti-corruption and anti-fraud processes to protect available funds against any financial or fraudulent irregularity; and
- To carry out equalities opportunity and impact monitoring.
If your application is successful
- To administer funding including completing financial transactions;
- To enable us to monitor progress of and completion of funded projects (including management of reporting);
- To provide data to Ultimate Funders where required under any conditions attached to funding provided by those Ultimate Funders;
- To send you an end of grant survey at the end of the period of grant on behalf of any of the Funders or Ultimate Funders or carry out qualitative research amongst grant recipients and/or to analyse the results of any completed survey or feedback provided in response to the research;
- To ask you to send a survey to your volunteers; and
- To provide you with support for grant holder learning services should you wish to participate.
Remember that individual Funders and in some cases Ultimate Funders will each be controllers of your personal data and will process that data in accordance with their own privacy notices which you can find through the websites listed here -https://londoncommunityresponsefund.org.uk/about-us/our-supporters. Where your application is successful, the Funder(s) who is/are backing your project, will contact you and therefore you will be able to identify which Funder will be processing your personal data going forward.
Under data protection law, we are required to rely on one or more lawful grounds to collect and use the personal data that we have outlined above.
We rely on the legitimate interest basis to collect and use personal data about applicants (including successful applicants) on the basis that this processing is carried out to further our legitimate interests in administering grant applications, effectively and providing support where it is needed as part of the London Community Response. Our use of this personal data is not overridden by the rights of the relevant individuals.
Do we share your personal data?
Personal data collected about you (through the Application Form or otherwise) may be shared between any of the Funders in line with the purposes set out in this privacy notice in section 6.
Ultimate Funders including NLCF
Additionally, your personal data may be shared with any of the Ultimate Funders.
Third party processors
We may ask third party processors to assist us or we may disclose your personal data to selected third party processors (such as agents or sub-contractors) for the purposes outlined in section 6. The third party in question will be obligated to use any personal data they receive in accordance with our instructions.
Other sharing including for preventing or detecting crime
We may also share your personal data with other funders, external consultants and external auditors, police and regulatory bodies for the purpose of determining, preventing or detecting crime; or ensuring that no organisation is receiving duplicate funding; or the validation of contracts; or where this is otherwise required or permitted by law.
The Funders do not intend to share or trade personal data with third parties for commercial purposes and will only process your personal data as set out in this privacy notice, in their respective privacy notices, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
To find out more, please visit the Funders’ data privacy notices which you can find through the websites listed here - https://londoncommunityresponsefund.org.uk/about-us/our-supporters.
International Data Transfers
Where your personal data is transferred, stored, and/or otherwise processed outside the UK or EU in a country which does not offer an equivalent standard of protection to the UK or EU, we will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that the recipient implements appropriate safeguards designed to protect your personal data e.g. we put in place contracts approved by the data protection authorities.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will keep your personal data for as long as necessary:
- To comply with any statutory or regulatory requirements we are subject to;
- To fulfil the purposes for which the personal data was collected, i.e. to process your funding application; or
- To defend our or a third party’s legal rights.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will not retain your personal data for longer than 6 months from when you submitted it to us.
If you have any questions about how long individual Funders may retain your personal data for, please contact funders directly or check their privacy notices.
Your rights and preferences
Please note that we will honour your requests to exercise your rights to the extent possible and required under applicable law.
You have the right to:
- Ask us for confirmation of what personal data we hold about you, and to request a copy of that information.
- Withdraw your consent at any time if we have relied on consent as the lawful ground to use your personal data.
- Request that we delete the personal data we hold about you, as far as we are legally required to do so.
- Ask that we correct any personal data that we hold about you which you believe to be inaccurate.
- Object to the processing of your personal data where we: (i) process on the basis of the legitimate interests ground or for the performance of a task in the public interest; (ii) use the personal data for direct marketing; or (iii) use the personal data for statistical purposes.
- Ask for the provision of your personal data in a machine-readable format to either yourself or a third party, in certain circumstances.
- Ask for processing of your personal data to be restricted if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate use.
Please note that you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK data protection authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we use your personal data. Please always consider raising your concern with us first by contacting us using the contact details below.
How to contact us
Please contact London Funders if you have any questions about this privacy notice.
Telephone: 020 7255 4488